Fatty Acid Test
Special prices for Health Professionals - Register on-line for our special Price List
Norsan-Omega Fatty Acid Test Kit measures your individual fatty acid profile based on a blood sample from your fingertip. This blood analysis is designed as a self-test with all the necessary components included in the test-kit.
The blood sample is analysed by a leading European lab and ensures high stability and accuracy of the test result.
The test report includes key healthcare ratios such as:
- Omega-3 Index: Indicates the percentage of marine omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA in relation to the total fatty acids. An Omega-3 Index above 8% is recommended. Read more about the Omega-3 Index at: www.hqt-diagnostics.com
- Omega-6/3 Ratio: Indicates the ratio between omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, which contribute decisively to the formation of inflammation in our body. A too high Omega-6/3 Ratio is related to an undesirably high level of inflammation in the body.
- Learn more about the inflammatory effects of the Omega-6/3 Ratio.
- Industrial Trans Fat Level: Industrial trans fats do not naturally belong in our body and industrial trans fat harms the cells. The Industrial Trans Fat Level should be low and ideally below 0.50% of total fatty acids.
The above ratios are based on the measurement of a total of 26 fatty acids which constitute more than 99% of the fatty acids in your body
Easy-to-do bloodspot sample
Best practice lab analysis procedure -> high stability of test results
Easy-to-understand test report with clear therapeutic advice with respect to individual diet
Price includes the complete do-it-yourself at-home test kit, lab analysis and test report
- Here is a sample report - with Inflammation
- Here is a sample report - without Inflammation
We Also Recommend